The 42 “Negative” Confessions of Ancient Egypt (Commandments)
Once upon a time, the Ancient Egyptians mainly dominated this Planet and were not only famous for the civilized Ways of Life, far beyond Egypt’s lands, but also for their spiritual “Royalty”.
Today, we still think of the ancient Egyptian Empire as being mysterious, spiritual and magical. Some might even feel a slight sense of “respect”, when they hear about King Tut’s Curse, which has been talked about many times.
But one of the most famous and mysterious things we know of today from the Pharao Times, is definitely the today-called “BOOK OF THE DEAD”, or “BOOK OF COMING FORTH BY DAY”.
Of course, there was never a “BOOK”, like we know Books today. Instead, these were funeral Rituals the ancient Egyptians High Priests and High Priestesses would perform, to secure the “Travel of the Soul to the other Side”- into Heaven. It was believed, there were many Traps and Dark Beings waiting on Soul’s to pass, to catch them on the narrow Path to Heaven. Of course, this is to be understood symbolically, since these “Traps” in Truth symbolize our own bad Actions we might have taken during our Life, coming back at us. (Similar to Karma)
Physical Life on Planet Earth, as well as all other possible Life Forms before and after, were subject to intense Studies and Research in Ancient Egypt, one could say, it was deeply looked into in very scientific Ways.
Other Life Forms (Bodies) included:
– The Soul-Body (Called KA or DOUBLE)
– The Shadow Body
– The spiritual Body (called today ethereal/astral Body)
– The Light-Body (The Illuminated Body)
It is very difficult today, to categorize the different Layers of Bodies correctly, since Language always changes and grows and some Descriptions today are actually describing the SAME BODY in a superficial way, thinking it is the same Body.
Okay, let us start with the Soul-Body, or the Double, from the Egyptian Perspective:
The Soul Body was believed to be MIND inside the physical Vessel, driving it, guiding it, directing it, watching over it, simply said- using it. Like a car Driver enters a Car and drives it, you could say. This Soul Body was believed to be a Reflection of the physical Body, looking almost identical, which is why it was also called THE DOUBLE. (This is why Ghosts look like they did when they were alive on Earth- just in a younger, rejuvenated Form)
Then, we have the so-called Shadow or Shadow-Body, which is another Form/Layer of Body, that is absolutely independent from our physical Existence and can go anywhere. This Shadow Body was called that way not because it was some dark side of us, but because it was such a dense Body, it threw a SHADOW! So, the Shadow Body itself is probably invisible, but dense, and so, you can perceive it by recognizing it’s shadow only. The Ancient Egyptians were sure, that one needs to keep Control over this Body to “Resurrect into Heaven”. (More about what the Ancient Egyptian Resurrection really is later!)
Next we have the spiritual Body, which was closely connected to the Reasons behind all funerary Rituals in Egypt back then. The spiritual Body was believed to be the “Connection” between the energetic and the physical Bodies, our Spirit connecting all of our Being, all of our Bodies during a physical Journey. More about this Body later.
Now, let us get to the most important and eternal Body: The Light-Body.
The Light-Body was the highest enlightened/illuminated Body we can get. The Light Body could come visit Earth anytime, fly around in Heaven any time, and do many things that if described here would seem very impossible to most Readers. This was the highest Goal the Ancient Egyptians worked and trained for all their Lifes. And as the Name already reveals, this Body is made out of pure Light, very light, very bright and immortal- glittering like some kind of Diamond Light or white magical Fire. It is simply the most beautiful Body you could ever imagine- still being in a physical One.
This Body was the type of Form you have when you go/are inside Heaven, when you arrive in the eternal Daylight. In Heaven, the Light of the Sun or better Suns, can be dimmed, and there is all you can imagine- literally. All you CAN IMAGINE, exists in Heaven- but some things do not as on Earth like for example Restrooms and Toilets. Obviously the Body digests so fast (with the Speed of Light if it is a Light-Body I guess!)- that we do not need these Type of things anymore, nor do we need to “physically walk” anywhere and take each Step in TIME & SPACE, like on Earth, but we IMAGINE and it happens right away.
This is why, the Ancient Egyptians focused so much Energy on Meditation, Rituals, Dreams and Dream Research and doing Good toward others. The 42 Negative Confessions were seen as a good Guideline, to reach this beautiful Light-Body, now let us take a closer Look:
The 42 Negative Confessions:
- I have not sinned against Humanity.
- I have not oppressed my kinsfolk.
- I have not committed evil in the place of truth/acted deceitfully.
- I have not known destructive Human Beings. (Known means befriended/supported)
- I have not committed acts of abomination.
- I have not done daily works of supererogation.
- I have not caused my Name to appear for false honor/for free.
- I have not domineered over Slaves.
- I have not thought “negative/bad” about God.
- I have not stolen from the Poor.
- I have not done, what the “Residents of Heaven” abominate.
- I have not caused harm to be done to a slave by his Master.
- I have not caused no man to suffer.
- I have not allowed/caused any man to go hungry.
- I have made no man cry/weep.
- I have never killed any man/woman.
- I have not given the order for any man/woman to be killed.
- I have not caused pain to the masses/society.
- I have not manipulated/stolen offerings from any Temples.
- I have not touched the gifts to God/the Residents of Heaven.
- I have not stolen offerings to the Spirits (physical or emotional).
- I have not cursed any man/woman nor God.
- I have not manipulated the Weight of the Scales/Corn. (ECONOMIC MANIPULATION!)
- I have not acted the part of the SPY.
- I have not made my Voice loud when speaking. (a loud Tone was seen as disrespect toward all others around)
- I have not lain with another man’s wife.
- I have not increased my possessions except through my own goods/hands/effort. (Karma free Economy)
- I have not eaten my Heart (more on that below!)
- I have not stolen Land or added Land.
- I have not encroached upon the fields/lands of others.
- I have not added to the weight of the balance.
- I have not caught fish with the bait of their own bodies.
- I have not obstructed water, when it should run.
- I have not cut a cutting in a canal of running water. (Example: The Nile River, originally had 14 Branches (!), and due to the High Dam and other Interferences with Nature’s Ways, 12 Branches/Rivers already dried up! Egypt was very green in Ancient Times…)
- I have not extinguished a flame, when it ought to burn.
- I have not slandered.
- I have not been deaf to the words of Truth.
- I have not acted impurely/disrespectful of any of God’s Creations.
- I have not been angry without cause.
- I have not had the thought or plan to hurt/kill another.
- I have not acted deceitfully/lied/acted wickedly.
- I have not ignored God in his Signs/Manifestations- I AM PURE, I AM PURE, I AM PURE.
Okay, puhhh, these were lots of Points to write. I hope I could collect them and formulate them in a way, so my that my Readers have it easy to translate each point’s meaning into modern Life and connect the Confessions with Life today.
Let us take a quick look at some Confessions in more detail:
By the Way, let me mention before we start, that today in Translations of the very ancient Writings there appears often the word “Gods”. This is not correct, pure and simple. The Ancient Egyptians did never believe in multiple Gods, they believed in one highest Creator of all that is/exists, and what is originally meant by the Word today called Gods, is the ILLUMINATED ONES, in Heaven. The Ones, who reached the Light-Body and reside in Heaven- NEXT TO GOD.
Continuing directly with that Confession, let us look at Number 11:
This Knowledge came to the Ancient Egyptians through not only the first Mummy ever (IsIs and Anubis invented the MUMMY!), but through the whole Story of Osiris, the Green-Man, the first Mummy ever in human History. Osiris endured exactly what is forbidden in many of the above mentioned Confessions, done to him by his jealous Brother that killed Osiris. Like this, Osiris was compensated by God, becoming one of the main Judges of Heaven (kinda like a Member of Court Jury you can imagine it).
So, that means, if someone repeats let’s say, Seth’s behavior, this One does not reach the Light-Body, for this One cannot go where Osiris resides, if being impure. Heaven is pure, absolutely protected and made in a Way, you cannot even BE/EXIST there, if impure by previous Actions like this. This is what it means.
Confession No. 22: I have not cursed any man/woman
This Confession speaks not only of cursing as we know it today, by saying bad words about someone else. Here, being from the Ancient Egyptian Magical Spirituality, it means also a real, magical/ritual Curse (Voodoo and so forth). It is strictly forbidden to use any spiritual Knowledge to harm another in any Body Layer or Form.
Confession No. 23: I have not cheated with the Weight of the Scales/Corn
A very important and insightful Confession, which can be almost seen today as a Confession without Space & Time, for it is valid today even more than yesterday. We have lots of economic Issues in our Time, and it literally started in 2008 with a few manipulation the Proportions of Mortgages, Credits and whole false Systems surrounding our global Economy. This Confession shows, that we could use some SPIRITUAL ECONOMY Rules, because Money is nothing everlasting at all, and not important for our Soul. Also, it goes into another Confession, which is No. 27: I have not increased my Possessions except through my own goods/effort. Gambling Economy, where let us say, a 100 People work for you, you take most of the Cash into your own Pocket, they almost nothing, and you do not PERFORM any Effort/Work, is simply wrong. (How about a karma-free Business Concept? Wouldn’t that be an ancient and still new Thought to help our World?)
Confession No. 28: I have not eaten my Heart
This is a very interesting Point, because it is directly connected to the Story of Osiris’ Still Heart. Not only did the Egyptians believe, that the Ones who did wrong will have their Hearts (Soul) eaten, but this was seen as a direct Action stemming from the Destroyed himself/herself. You have a free Will, and when you do wrong on purpose, you are really in Truth the One, that eats his/her own Heart by doing wrong.
Confession No. 34: I have not cut a cutting in a canal of running water
Speaking about Nature! The Ancient Egyptians had a lot of Respect and Knowledge about Nature’s Rules and how to keep the Balance. There were almost no diseases back then! (Can you imagine?)
The Nile, for example, is like every other natural Creation made by God, in the most perfect way and with the most perfect arrangement for the Highest Well Being of All People, the Planet, Animals, Fish, and so forth. If we interfere, by changing the course of Nature, altering it or manipulating it, we interfere directly in God’s arrangement. It is today sadly obvious, why the Ancient Egyptians knew it would be wrong to cut canals or build high dams blocking Rivers from flowing: The Nile is almost dried up! It had originally 14 huge Branches, flowing throughout all of Egypt and more. There were forests in Egypt, not Desert, and much Green Nature thousands of Years ago. After High dams were built, and partially also other reasons, 12 Branches of the huge Nile are gone. This results in People and Animals having less sweet Water for drinking, watering Fields and cleaning. Not to even mention, how today the Earth is being drilled and Oil sucked out from Layers underground, deeply underground, without any Knowledge of that this does to the Organization of God and how he made the Earth exactly.
And so we can only reach the Conclusion, that in fact the Ancient Egyptians were very wise and had profound Knowledge about not only this World, but the next as well.
If Humanity finds a way, to learn from their own History, we can make a real Change like never seen before on Earth and get back to better, friendlier and more balanced Times, in a new Time, with Ancient & Modern Knowledge combined for the highest Well-Being of all of us.